Saturday, May 3, 2008

one Saturday afternoon

It started out as a boring rainy Saturday, but when the rain started to taper off in the afternoon, we decided to head over to Omotesando to run some errands. Omotesando is a wide boulevard lined with high end stores, cafes, boutiques and of course, throngs of window shoppers. I love standing at this intersection watching the giant TV above the Jonothan's sign.
First stop: Kiddy Land, one of the best and biggest toy stores around. Six floors of fun. (or chaos, depending on how you look at it)

Emily tries out a playdough demonstration. A new playdough I've never seen before. Just add water and mix together. Can you say, messy??We came looking for a birthday present and of course ended up at the Pokemon section. Trent (and recently even Emily) is very into Pokemon cards! Collecting, trading...it's the popular thing to do on the bus right now.Next, a little window shopping...
Every time I see Dolce & Gabbana I think of that scene in Devil Wears Prada where she doesn't know how to spell Gabbana and the guy hangs up on her...
the employees standing at the doors of all the high end stores crack me up. what a boring job!
On the way home we stop at the yakitori truck. This man sells yakitori out of the back of his truck on the weekends. He parks in front of the grocery store. It is a Saturday night favorite.
We all LOVE yakitori--grilled meat with various sauces or just plain. But I have a friend who hates it. She calls it burned meat on a stick!
Last--tuck the kids into bed with their new washi paper nightlights they picked out today. Emily and Trent have been having troubles lately with the dark, so hopefully this will help.

3 comments:

Wishes and Books said...

This post is so cute! I love reading about your family experiences. How fun! -Joni

Lisa Brown said...

What a fun Saturday! That yakatori looks so yummy :). And now I totally want to watch "The Devil Wears Prada" again :).

Melinda said...

Another fun adventure...six floors of toys is a dream come true for a kid! "Burnt meat on a stick" looks good to me too!