Wednesday, January 27, 2010

kimonos

One of my favorite things in January is Seijin No Hi, or coming of age day. Kids turning 20 get to dress up in their kimonos, visit a shrine and have a speech about being an adult. Ryan and I love to go ahead of time to take pictures. To see our last years pictures, click here. Jake also loved the "kimono girls" as he liked to call them.



the Star Wars guy was here again! Jake was so excited.






kimono girl with a little edge.


4 comments:

Lisa Brown said...

Not only are their kimonos gorgeous, thay all look gorgeous too. How fun!

Megan Jo Eddie said...

I love when you post about this event. I wish I could have been there to see it. They are all such beautiful girls. Thanks for bringing a little culture in my life!

Tabitha said...

I love these photos, and I loved last years too. I remembered looking at that last year. I think that would be so much fun to go and see. Thanks for sharing!

Janice said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures again. How beautiful! We have a family in our ward from Japan. Last year I was telling the wife about your post and asking about that event and she said that they are very expensive. I can only imagine with how beautiful they are.