
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
I love kimonos!
Bear with me, this post is going to be long! I have always loved girls dressed up in kimonos. From the back, the front, the side, the shoes, the hair, all of it! It's beautiful. Yesterday was Seijin No Hi (Coming of Age Day). It celebrates those turning 20 years old. They dress up in their best, visit a shrine, and then have a speech about responsibility as adults etc. Ryan and I went to the building where the speech was to be given about an hour before it started to see all the excitement. This was one of the most fun things I've done in a long time. Also nice that the kids were back in school and Ryan had the day off of work. We took a TON of pictures...152 to be exact, and it was hard to narrow it down. so here are a few of my favorites.


This picture below is a little blurry, but look closely at her eyelashes. sparkly jewels!! so cool.
All foreigners have their own tactics on how to get pictures of Japanese people. We use Jacob's cuteness shamelessly. This foreigner dressed up like a star wars guy. hilarious.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
How cute and amazing. He'll probably be splashed on ever magazine cover. What a fun day. I'd love to see even more pictures. What neat opportunities you're having.
what beautiful pictures and an amazing sight to see no doubt.
That is awesome! Was that last girl with Jacob a celebrity or something...that looked like paparazzi taking photos.
That is so adorable! I would have loved to have seen that in person. Awesome pictures!
Those are beautiful pictures Jill! The ladies dressed up are kind of mesmerizing. I have enjoyed reading about your many adventures!
That toally looks like the paprazi trying to get a shot of your baby :). How does it feel to have a famous baby? He he!
What great pictures. I'll have to remember to head out to where they give the speech next year. I was hoping to see tons of kimonos like that on New Year's Day at the shrine; I saw 1. Also, it's nice to know we're not the only ones using our children as bait to get the pictures we want!!
Post a Comment