1. The kids watched Home Alone for the first time this week and were rolling on the ground with laughter. They are the perfect age for that kind of humor. It was hilarious!
2. Ryan is in Chicago for 10 days on business. I am trying not to be jealous that he's in a country that actually celebrates Christmas. The lights, the food, the Christmas spirit! But thinking about all the candy, presents and food he's bringing back for me soothes my troubled heart. (almost)
3. my right eye is not taking contacts so great anymore. Even with eye drops I have started wearing contacts only when I'm going out or I know I'm going to see someone. I have always said that I would never do laser eye surgery because it scares me to death, but if contacts become not an option I might have to get brave because I HATE wearing glasses!
4. This weekend I saw a bus stop mom out at the school fundraiser event. She didn't recognize me (at the bus in the morning I am in pajamas and no hair or makeup) and then came up and apologized for not recognizing me and told me how young and pretty I looked. note to self: wear makeup more often!
5. next week I'm hosting my first neighborhood luncheon! Our expat community is big on luncheons and in the 3 years we've lived here I've never volunteered to host one, mainly b/c I've felt intimated. I've been introduced to a whole new expat world. I don't have a huge georgeous home for everyone to oohh and awww over, which seems to be one of the reasons people enjoy hosting, and also don't have luncheon plates or flatwear for 40 like so many women have over here. But I do like to have people over and am going to break out the paper plates and suck in my pride. It's going to be a great Christmas party. And I'll even put on makeup and do my hair for my bus stop friend.
6. I'm on another washi egg kick. just finished a Christmas set. Also bought a few perfect eggs from "the professional washi lady" to compare them to mine. It's outrageous what she charges for one egg, but I am determined to make mine as good as hers. $6-$10 per egg depending on the complexity of the pattern.
7. if you're wondering why this post has no pictures it's because I don't know how to load the pictures onto our computer. We got a new computer in Sept. and I still haven't figured it out. I've just been relying on Ryan. so no pictures till he gets back. I think this will be an early New Years Resolution for myself.
8. I love, love, love, my primary presidency! We had a meeting today and I was reminded of how thankful I am for wonderful friends who make me laugh.
9. I'm excited to go to pack meeting this Friday because I have a new awesome Mount Fuji patch I got for climbing Mt. Fuji back in September. (I'm a dork, I know!)
Sunday, December 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Jill I got lasik eye surgery about a year ago and totally recommend it! It's not scary at all and it changes your life. It's hard to even imagine putting a contact in my eye anymore. Hope all is well :)
Both Shauna and I have done it, awesome. I had to force Shauna to get it done, she was scared too. She is so glad she did. Ryan did it a couple years ago, didn't he?
Kevin loves fun patches - he will totally be jealous of your Mt Fugi one :). And I would die if I couldn't wear contacts, as I hat wearing glasses too, but I am pretty sure I don't qualify for lasik - my eyes are too dry.
Good for you hosting the luncheon. I never did it. Too intimidating. I was fine with the church stuff, but not the neighbor ones. I am really proud of you and good for you breaking out the paper plates!! Loved your Christmas card too (by the way). :)
Post a Comment