Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas Day Synopsis

6:48 am--woken to the sound of Jake, singing in bed. (this happens every morning) He wakes up Trent, they wake up Emily. I wonder how long till they come wake up mom and dad.

7:05 am--I hear Emily say "keep waiting guys. I'm sure mom and dad will come get us soon" I realized they were waiting for us! so Ryan and I got up and we all ran to the living room to see what Santa brought.

Trent got a new bike with pegs, just how he requested.

Jake got a Rody ride on toy--this is not how you ride it, but it's the only picture I got that morning.
and Emily was thrilled with her new IPOD, for the bus!


8:00 am--take a break for a french toast breakfast, Ryan's favorite
8:30 am--time to open presents!
I found this bag hanging on the tree. yeah!!
I've been needing new earrings...I love them.


Jake got a moo mixer from my parents--it was adorable and was a favorite present




Trent was so excited when he opened many, many Bakugans he didn't even want to open up any more presents. We had all finished and he had a few left so we had to make him put the Bakugan away. There were no pics of Ryan b/c he was the photographer for the day but he was excited for new running shoes for the upcoming Tokyo marathon he's training for in February and some beautiful artwork from our friend Allan West.
1 pm--call our familes and feel homesick. especially since this is the first Christmas in a few years where ALL of my siblings are home for Christmas. sigh...
After all the chaos settled down, Emly first chose to do her crochet kit--but I couldn't figure it out! so she moved on to practicing her shodo. she's getting really good.
3 pm--start a movie--Harry Potter 6. It was hard to choose from all the new DVD's, but this one finally won after a long debate/vote.
3:30 pm--Jill ran to the store and to drop off some pictures I needed developed. one of the positives about no one celebrating Christmas here, is that everything is open!

We also lost Trent for a few hours when he disappeared with his new DS games...
4 pm--turkey dinner. Everything turned out great except the rolls. I think something happened to the yeast b/c they never really rose. and were hard rock balls. but, this was my first time making gravy and it was great!
6 pm--drop Trent off at his best friend Vanya's house for a sleepover. Vanya is moving back to the US this week and this was one of their last chances for a sleepover.
6:30 pm--Emily saw Trent's absence as a great time to watch a girl movie--Another Cinderella Story.
put kids to bed and watched 3 episodes of the Office with Ryan. We're halfway through Season 5. Almost caught up!
10:30 pm--check on the kids and discover Jake has fallen asleep in Trent's bed. I guess he thought since Trent was gone it would be okay.
this post was a little long, but it was a great Christmas. Everyone got something they wanted, and it was nice to relax. Ryan took a personal day off but worked the rest of the week. Tis the season to be jolly!

4 comments:

Megan Jo Eddie said...

I loved hearing all about your Christmas! It sounds like a good one and I'm so impressed with Emily's Shodoo(is that how you spell it?) I love your Tiffany earnings. You lucky lucky girl. Also, watching Season 5 of the Office- never get tired of laughing at that show!

Shelley said...

What a fun Christmas. Your earring are gorgeous! Only beautiful things come out of the robin blue bag!

Kirk Klippel said...

Merry Christmas you guys! Sounds like you had a great time. Emily- You and Kalen are twins now, he got those shoes last month, in black. Also, congrats on the ipod, you have to check out the storynory podcast.

Lisa Brown said...

It sounds like a great Christmas! And earings from Tiffany's - how fun! And I think you ended it the best way ever - watching the Office. I love watching it with Kevin - there is something about just laughing together that is the best :).