Monday, January 5, 2009

New Years

Akemashite Omedeto Gozaimasu! (Happy New Year!) Last year I did a post all about the Japanese New Year--I don't want to duplicate so to read that go here.

This year we skipped the crazy shrine scene and had a quiet day at home and went to the park. We spent most of New Year's Week just hanging out. I cleaned out my entire closet and some of my room, which has become the dumping ground because we have no storage space. Took a bunch of stuff to salvation army. Ryan organized and backed up ALL of our pictures we have ever taken since we switched to a digital camera 5 years ago. it was a HUGE project!

We spent one day out at Odaiba-- a great shopping/entertainment area on the beach. It was too cold for the beach, but we did go bowling (our first time in Tokyo), had lunch and rode the giant ferris wheel, which was really cool because it had heated seats and a radio in each car. It got a little scary when we stopped right at the top and the wind was blowing like crazy, rocking our car!

I loved this little elephant "helper" for Jake.

the bowling alley was huge!


awesome bowling shoes!



It was a clear day so we had a nice view of Fuji from the top of the Ferris Wheel.

5 comments:

kelly ferg said...

It is so great to see you guys really enjoying being there and taking full advantage of all the sites.

Michelle said...

How fun! Whoever thought of heated seats on a ferris wheel is a genius. Jake is so cute pushing the ball down the elephant ramp.

Megan Jo Eddie said...

Where can I get some shoes like that? I love them. You look like you had a great day as a family. OH, by the way- my kids don't get sugar cereal either. I'm the meanest mom huh! But, we haven't had any cavities so maybe there's something to it. They do get to pick one out for their birthday. I'm so much like my mom.

Tabitha and Kelly said...

Hi Jill, I have found Megan and have been following your blog more recently also, and I just need to write to you. I love all of the journeys that you have been on! I LOVE those bowling shoes. I would wear those out in public. You look great, and your kids are so cute. I hope you have a great year! Are you still over there for awhile?
Love, Tabitha

Lisa Brown said...

What an awesome picture of Mt. Fuji! Sounds like a great way to spend your break too. The bowling reminded me of our high school bowling adventures - fun times :).