Wednesday, January 21, 2009

the madness of crowds

It's been a busy week filled with crowds...besides the quilt show in the previous post, Ryan and I went to a sumo tournament this past weekend with friends. We had a blast!! I liked it much more than I thought I would.
I also went to the Boro Ichi flea market this week. 700 vendors. tiny little streets. Definitely not stroller friendly. But I got 2 obis!! An obi is the top sash worn with a kimono. Much to the chagrin of Japanese women, American women have found many uses for obis. table runners, wall hangings, mine hang over my doors. The possibilities are endless. They are beautiful!!




6 comments:

Hillary said...

So glad you went to a sumo tournament. It must have been such a cultural experience! I'm sure you'll never forget it.

Tabitha and Kelly said...

You guys are enjoying the coolest experiences! I wish I could be a fly on the wall. What beautiful quilts too! Absolutely amazing! Thanks for taking me on your adventure.

Lisa Brown said...

That is awesome! Do you remember sumo wrestling at our Senior all night party? A tad different, but that's what your post reminded me of :).

Kara and the girls~ said...

Hey Jilly Bean-
It is great to hear from you too! How fitting that your last name is Angell- cause you are one! Thanks for the comments- you are having an exciting time in Japan, I bet.... keep in touch...
-Kara

Shelley said...

Your obis are gorgeous. I didn't end up seeing which ones you bought; good choices.

Anonymous said...

Jill! I am so glad to find this blog. How are you doing? We are doing well. I often think about you how much you have done for us! We miss you so much.
I will visit your blog sometime so please post your exciting news.
Junko