Saturday, January 31, 2009

Harajuku girls


Harajuku is one of the most interesting places in Tokyo, and only a 20 minute walk from our house! Sunday afternoons, young kids (mostly girls) dress up in costumes. Gothic, Little Bo Peep, all kinds. They come to express their individuality, hang out with friends, and to have their pictures taken. There is even a "free hug" section. Here are some of our pictures.

love the hair!




when I saw this group of guys/girls dressed from the 50's, I thought maybe they were practicing for a play--Grease. But our friends told us they are there every Sunday just dancing and hanging out.





A group of guys had a sign that said "free toss!" Trent was brave enough to try it out.
I think this is a great picture.



2 comments:

kelly ferg said...

Wow go Trent! Looks like a fun
"people-watching" place. Travis would never leave. I'm glad you enjoy the culture so much! Did the guy with the giant hair have it shaved on the top? Weird!

Lisa Brown said...

Sometimes the pictures of your adventures are so wild, that they don't seem real :).