Wednesday, January 21, 2009

International Tokyo Quilt Festival

Went to the quilt festival today with some friends. it was a madhouse--as you can see in the picture above. but there were some beautiful quilts from all around the world!! These pictures are for my mom...the picture below was the Grand Prix quilt, but it was so crowded, this was as close as I could get!

I especially loved the Japanese themed quilts.
Japanese alphabet quilt










3 comments:

kelly ferg said...

Feeling inspired to make a quilt now? I loved the alphabet one. Looks like you really love the culture too, it might be hard to get you back in the US.

kelly ferg said...

Feeling inspired to make a quilt now? I loved the alphabet one. Looks like you really love the culture too, it might be hard to get you back in the US.

Lisa Brown said...

Those are amazing!!! I am trying some fancy aplique on a quilt I am doing, but it doesn't even compare to those!!