Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I passed!

I passed my driving test and now have a Japanese drivers license! I think I just got lucky and got a nice instructor. He passed 10 of the 13 people there. and most people tell horror stories of only 1/3 of the group passing. It was a long day. Left the house at 7 am and got home at 3 pm. but I'm so happy! The hardest part for me was that they do not speak English!! So as we would go around the course, he'd say, turn left at the stoplight. Turn right at #13 etc. in Japanese. But I was able to understand him okay. He also told me I drive too fast. Maybe I get that from my dad? :)

5 comments:

Lisa Brown said...

I have some great memories of riding with you in that old stationwagon - and yes, you were going a tad too fast - he he!

Jenny Young said...

I think that's cause for celebration!! Good for you.

Melinda said...

I am SO impressed, really I am. It would be so intimidating to take a driving test in a foreign country where they give you instructions in another language. Congratulations!

Wishes and Books said...

You go, girl! Woo Whooo!

Nicole said...

oh jill...this brought back so many memories of our first experiences in drivers ed together. do you remember all of the funny stuff that happened! god ol' days!