Two weeks ago we had visitors! Eric and his wife, Paula, are old friends. Ryan and Eric were friends in high school, roommates at BYU and best men at each other's weddings. They came for one week, spending 3 days in Tokyo and 4 days exploring Kyoto and Hiroshima. Here are some of the things that we did:

Ryan and Eric had a guys night out at the sumo wrestling tournament, which they said was really awesome and a lot more fun than they had anticipated.
Ryan, Eric and Paula got up at 4 am to visit Tsukiji Fish Market.

saw 2 traditional weddings at Meiji Shrine on a Sunday afternoon.

Took a trip to "dirty dishes" one of my favorite places!!

I'm starting a new dish set--teal and brown. I love it!!!

Went to the rooftop view at the top of Roppongi Hills, and stopped for Coldstone afterwards.

Thanks for coming guys! we had a great time. And double thanks for bringing us Halloween costumes and more food. So, who's next? Anyone? Anyone??
4 comments:
How fun! We really want to visit you guys!
I would love to go to a Sumo match sometime. I'm kind of hoping my brother goes to Japan with the Air Force and perhaps we can come visit you then.
The teal and brown dishes are gorgeous. I think I need to go back to the dirty dish store.
Hi! I just found your blog while looking for more information on the "dirty dish store". Me and my family are leaving for Japan this week from Osan AB in Korea and staying at the Nu Sanno. I visited the dish store years and years ago when my sisters family was stationed in Japan, but I have no idea where the store is. Is it near the Nu Sanno? Do you know the official name or would the tours office know what I was talking about if I asked them for directions? Anything else that is a must see in Tokyo? My email address is: jessica.feth@gmail.com, if you have the time to answer my questions. Thanks so much! Jessica
Post a Comment