Friday, April 11, 2008

My sweet Jacob

This post is for the grandparents! And also because I'm home alone on a Friday night very bored. Ryan is at a farewell dinner for a colleague.
Jacob has been changing so much lately. Every day he seems more and more like a little boy and not my baby anymore. He even folds his arms during a prayer now. I can't believe he will be 2 this summer! These are some of the things he's been doing lately.

picture above: When Trent is at school, Jake will get his own blankets out of his crib, put them on top of Trent's bed and then climb under the covers to "rest." Is that a hint or what? But I'm holding out as long as I can before making the switch from crib to big boy bed.

picture below: Jacob LOVES toothbrushes. In fact, it's one of the few words he can say. Mama, dada, bye-bye, more, choo-choo, elevator, tooth brush and toothpaste. That's it--8 words. He is constantly walking around with multiple toothbrushes and asking for more toothpaste. In a store, as a reward for being good, some kids get a treat or a toy. Jacob gets a new toothbrush. He currently has 8 toothbrushes.
As you can tell by looking at his stomach, he also loves markers, but hates coloring on paper. At least not his own paper. Emily's homework, that's another story.


Jacob also loves trains. Playing with his Thomas train tracks, watching his train DVD (different shots of Japanese trains put to music) and especially riding the trains is very exciting for him. He usually walks around with his shinkansen picture book, keeping it close by him for most of the day. (when his fists aren't stuffed with toothbrushes!)

and last--he loves teddy bears. Not any other kind of stuffed animals, just teddybears. He has a few favorites he sleeps with. This week I bought a teddy bear as part of a baby present for a friend. When it was time to wrap the present, I couldn't find the teddy bear. After searching the house, I finally found it in Jacob's crib! He had found the bear and put it in his crib with his other bears! Needless to say, Jacob got a new bear that day.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

He is so cute! I can't believe how big he's getting. I love the toothbrushes :)

Wishes and Books said...

He is such a doll! I love the picture with the markers all over his tummy! Cute! :-) Love, Joni

Hillary said...

Where does the time go? It's hard to believe that he will be 2 this summer! Blake went through a toothbrush phase too, quickly to be replaced by a PEZ phase. Anything he could fit multiple of in his hand was definitely a plus. At least you can take them to church with you and they don't make any noise. . . LOL.

Melinda said...

I love the picture of him with all the toothbrushes and marker on his tummy! Too cute. What a sweet little guy and it goes by so fast. Enjoy!