#1. My husband, Ryan. Friday was my birthday and he surprised me with tickets for Wicked! I've been wanting to see this for years and was so excited. We were both very surprised and a little sad when we got there to find out that the entire thing was in Japanese!!! Even all the songs...who knew? FYI: Wicked has been translated into two languages so far, German and Japanese. Ryan said he was able to understand about 50-75% of it and loved it. Up until that night he had no idea what it was about. Didn't even know it had anything to do with the Wizard of Oz. I had read through the plot synopsis a few times earlier that day and brought it along with me that night so I could follow it pretty well. I still loved it. It was the best birthday surprise--thanks honey!
#5. Butter. Sometimes you don't know how much you love something until it's gone. Such is the case here. There is a major butter shortage right now in Japan and I'm not sure why. I haven't been able to buy butter in about a month. No stores, not even Costco, have butter.
#6. Shopping in Japan. Shopping here is always an adventure. I don't buy much here, just mostly like to window shop and people watch. The fashion is outragious. This week I wanted to find something new for myself since it was my birthday but left the store empty handed for a few reasons...Jacob has learned how to climb out of his stroller and is making it harder and harder to shop with him. And...there are no sizes! No Larges, an occasional Medium, and lots of smalls, XS, XXS and XXXS. I found a cute shirt but it only came in XS and XXS. So I was excited to open a birthday package from my parents and find a cute green jacket that I love!! I'm wearing it in the Wicked picture above.
#7. Carrot cake. My friend Shelley gave me a new carrot cake recipe to try and it is amazing! We've all been nibbling on it all weekend long.
And now I tag any of my friends with a "y" in their name! 7 things you are loving this week.
2 comments:
I'll say it again...I love your blog, it always has something interesting and unusual. I loved the dog posts!
How eciting about Wicked! I just dicovered the cast recording and am now wanting to see it so bad. Crazy that it was in Japanese :). And I want a vege delivery guy - so cool! And a world without butter - tragic!
Post a Comment