- Who says dogs can't have a little bling-bling?
Ever since we moved to Japan I knew I wanted to do a post about dogs, but it's taken time for me to collect these pictures and info. It seems as if everyone has a dog here, mostly the mini ones. Here's what I'm seeing:
- The doggy stroller makes me laugh everytime I see one. What I failed to get a picture of was the doggy version of a baby bjiorn backpack and the doggy purses so you can take your dog with you into a store or restaurant.
Fur dye--as seen on the dog on the right. Also available are hairbows, nail polish, sun glasses, and aromatherapy products--all for the pampered puppy!
Love the Hawaiian shirt! Most dogs wear clothes here. A friend of mine told me that you know you've been in Japan too long when you see a dog wearing no clothes and you think, "that dog is naked! Where are his clothes?".
- This was a cold day so you can see these dogs are wearing fur trimmed coats. In the rain they wear rain jackets and in the summer, sunglasses.
Doggy boutiques. Yes, all these clothes in the background are for dogs! Amazing, isn't it? I read an article about all this dog mania that talked about dog cafe's and doggy gyms. One place offered aquatic fitness sessions on an underwater treadmill. Yes, that's water aerobics for dogs!
- The doggy stroller makes me laugh everytime I see one. What I failed to get a picture of was the doggy version of a baby bjiorn backpack and the doggy purses so you can take your dog with you into a store or restaurant.
Wednesday, April 16, 2008
Dog Mania!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
This is too funny. The kids were laughing pretty hard at the dogs wearing clothes. You've got to get a picture of a doggy baby bjiorn before you leave.
I saw this on a program on TV once. I had no idea people out there are doing that. I'm surprised there aren't seat belt laws (or somethign similar) for dogs yet!
This is too funny! I love the doggy stroller. Gives new meaning to the phrase, "taking the dog for a walk."
That is insane! So, was I mistaken, but don't they eat dogs in Japan? Or is that China? Great pictures Jill - so funny!!
Post a Comment