Many parks have large grassy areas surrounded by cherry trees. The sky is hidden by a cover of blossoms, and towards the end of the week, they flutter down like snowflakes. The picture below is a small park near us--Komaba Koen.
One of my Japanese friends told me that cherry blossom season brings back many bittersweet memories for her. The Japanese start their new school year in the beginning of April so there are a lot of sad goodbyes and new hellos this time of year. The kids get a two week vacation, the last week of March and first week of April and then start the new school year. Today the crosswalk guards and police were out in force for the first week of school. I saw many kids walking to school with their parents in new school uniforms, with cameras etc. It was really cute.
3 comments:
Okay, this is so funny: I clicked on your blog and it lists that you posted it on Tuesday, April 8th, which hasn't even happened for us yet. It's still Monday for quite some time here. Too weird! Love the cherry blossoms!
It looks beautiful! We just got snow here in UT! I am so anxious for those blossoms to come out here!
Those are so amazing! I'll bet it is the coolest thing when they fall and it looks like snow. So pretty.
Post a Comment