Saturday I had a pizza party for all the 10 and 11 year old girls in our ward who memorized the Articles of Faith. The dilemma was what kind of pizza to order. I originally planned to get 2 large "American Specials" AKA --pepperoni pizza. But then started thinking that four out of the five girls who were coming are half Japanese and maybe I should get something more Japanese. I ended up going with one pepperoni and one seafood special. An interesting looking pizza with shrimp, squid and a few other things I didn't recognize sprinkled on top. Needless to say, only one girl took a slice of the seafood pizza. I guess I should have gone with my first instinct. And I wish I would have gotten my camera out but I forgot.
Other choices on the menu were:
Hamburg pizza--comes with actual hamburger patties sprinked on top
Super Korean Purukogi
Fried Shrimp and Tar-Tar (what?)
Crab and Shrimp Mayo King--the Japanese love mayonnaise. it's on everything here.
Mayo Q
Tuna Mild
and my favorite--the Idaho special. comes with giant chunks of potatoes on top!
which one would you pick?
Tuesday, October 9, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Oh my goodness! Those sound so gross!! I would definitely have the "American special" :).
Hi Jill,
I love reading your blog. I can't believe how much Jacob has grown up...he seems older than an year, climbing on stuff, etc. I don't know if you heard, but we moved to Logan, Utah this summer. We are loving it here, but miss our friends from San Jose (including the ones who are in China and Tokyo). Glad you guys are doing well.
Love,
Melinda Krantz
So, what Japanese foods have you begun to enjoy there? Do you eat squid?
Captain asked me at the store if I would buy some squid- he was asking about it in the meat department. He wondered if we could at least try it. It made me feel so good realizing I'd accomplished my goal of helping them to want to try new things. But, even still, I told him, "I just wouldn't know what to do with it." And, that's the truth. ;)
Sybrina
I'll try to get some family pictures up on our blog so you can see Anders. He's six months old already, I don't know where the time has gone! You asked where I got the Halloween background for my blog...here is the link: http://matiekay.blogspot.com/
She has a lot of cute (and free) backgrounds.
TTYL
Melinda
Jill was being nice. It was really my fault. I talked her into the seafood pizza. Oh well, I ate the leftovers. Pretty darn good, with tabasco sauce.
Post a Comment