Another beautiful fall day means another Angell Family Fun day. This time we headed to Nikko, about three hours north of Tokyo. This was our first road trip in Japan and Ryan did a great job navigating. It was a really fun day, beautiful leaves changing colors...but a little too much car time for the kids to do in one day. Three hours up and three hours back all in one day. Next time, we'll spend the night and turn it into a two day trip. The kids loved the hiking and riding the tram, mom and dad loved the views! Here are our pictures.
Lake Chuzenji and Kegon Falls--beautiful!
Wouldn't it be nice if this lady was selling roasted mashmallows? Too bad...They are really fried rice balls. Why does that not surprise me?
Ryuzu Waterfall--there are 48 waterfalls in the area.
Shinkyo (Sacred Bridge) Serves as the gateway to Nikko mountains. In Feudal times, could only be used by the emperor.
p.s. Happy Halloween! Halloween in Japan blog coming soon...
3 comments:
Oh, the time of your lives! Man you guys have it all! :) I love living my virtual life through you guys! Thanks for sharing that!
Sybrina
Wow, that place is beautiful. I didn't know there were places in Japan that looked like that. I love being an armchair tourist through your blog!
How gorgeous! And I am with you - I would much rather those rice ball been marshmallows :).
Post a Comment