1. Food Blogs--This week is our 3 month mark of returning to the United States and the excitement of going to the grocery store, and having all my favorite ingredients at my fingertips has still not worn off. Friday, my grocery shopping day is my favorite day of the week. along with that comes food blogs--I love to find great recipies and then run to the store to get the ingredients, and come home and make it. never take the simple things for granted.
my best dessert lately is hands down these cookie dough brownies from chef-n-training. make them. you'll love them.

and a close second, and my husband's favorite, are the smores cookie bars, also from chef-n-training. with the crushed graham crackers in the crust, they literally taste just like a smores.

and now for something more healthy. I've been on a quinoa kick this summer and this was our favorite quinoa salad. if you love mango salsa, you'll love this salad. I've been making this once a week for the past month. still love it. and Ryan also loves to take the leftovers to work for lunch. I'll eat it alone for lunch or serve as a side dish for dinner.
These chicken fajitas have been our favorite summer dinner. also been making this about once a week and we all love it. the lime and liquid smoke really make it stand out compared to other fajitas.

2. Toms. I finally jumped on the bandwagon to see what all the hype was about and it's all true. I L.O.V.E. these shoes. so comfy and cute.
3. Canned Pumpkin--weird? not when this is the first fall in 5 years where canned pumpkin is at your fingertips! It makes me so excited!! no more hoping my sweet friend, Jennifer Bezzant will get me a coveted can of pumpkin at the army base. (they've really not supposed to buy food for other people at the base.) no more checking and checking to see if the international grocery store has gotten a few cans in. and then charging outrageous prices. This week at Costco, I came around the corner to discover a huge mountain display of canned pumpkin and all of a sudden I felt SO happy and overwhelmed. and looking around at all the people, no one there could quite understand what I was feeling.
I am dedicating October (and november and december) to pumpkin. pancakes, bread, desserts. you name it, I will be making it this fall. if anyone has any favorite pumpkin recipes, send them my way!!

4. a daughter who is almost 12. ...because this means she can babysit. Hallelujah!! Ryan and I have started going out every Saturday night and it has been SO nice. Mostly it's just dinner and shopping, or wandering around Home Depot. this weekend we saw Moneyball. It doesn't matter. It's just nice to get out on a weekly basis.
4. a daughter who is almost 12. ...because this means she can babysit. Hallelujah!! Ryan and I have started going out every Saturday night and it has been SO nice. Mostly it's just dinner and shopping, or wandering around Home Depot. this weekend we saw Moneyball. It doesn't matter. It's just nice to get out on a weekly basis.

3 comments:
Agh..they all look so good but I realize that I have to improvise! So jealous u now have an access to all those ingredients!
So awesome - I can just picture you in Costco staring at the pumpkin :). And I have a few recipes I can send your way. And I have never heard of those shoes before. I must know more :).
Pumpkin at Costco. I'm so jealous. I almost want to make the day trip to Costco here just to see if maybe they shipped some over the pond:) I won't hold my breath, but I can fully appreciate your joy as you beheld the mountain of canned pumpkin. Miss you!
Post a Comment