also, the scratches/scabs on his face are from a recent bad scooter crash. Involving a little boy, wearing no helmet, riding down a hill he's not allowed to go on, riding by himself when he was supposed to be with his brother. 2 moms I had never met before saw the crash and carried him home. They thought his arm was broken. it wasn't. I was surprised he was able to tell him where he lived. he had wandered like 4 streets over in a different neighborhood.
He loves his Phineas and Ferb backpack
THEN...I gues it's tradition here that the moms, jump in the car and follow the bus to school on the first day for more pictures. I'm so glad they all do that, b/c I was thinking about driving over by myself anyways and wondering if that was too mother-y.
first off the bus with a big smile. "mom, what are you doing here?"

roll call with his teacher, Miss Albertson. She's young, energetic and super nice. perfect.
then they lined up, waved goodbye and marched into the school. only 15 kids in his class. yeah!
He came home and said it was "awesome!" and loves to go to school. He loves recess and making books and PE. and I've only gotten in trouble one time for packing a peanut butter snack. whoops! no peanut butter allowed.
roll call with his teacher, Miss Albertson. She's young, energetic and super nice. perfect.
This year was a bit of an adjustment for me b/c in Tokyo, he was going to preschool 5 days a week, 5 hours a day. and kindergarten here is only 4 days a week, 3.5 hours a day. Who in the world has ever heard of kindergarten only being 4 days a week? It's so strange! Plus, the middle school starts and ends 1 hours earlier than elementary, so Emily comes home at 2pm leaving me only 2.5 kid free hours to run errands. okay, enough whining.
We are so excited for Jacob and can't wait to see all he accomplishes this year!
No comments:
Post a Comment