Friday, September 16, 2011

middle school!!

Emily was soooooo ready for middle school. She loves everything about it. Here she is on the first day.

new haircut: added 2 inches of layers. I asked her if she wanted me to help her curl it for the first day and she said, "no way!" she likes it straight.

shirt: when we went school shopping she requested a bunch of plain colored T-shirts because apparantly, I buy her "too many shirts with stuff on them." whatever that means.

shoes: Emily came to me a few weeks ago and wanted to talk about shoes. my kids usually all have 2 pairs of shoes. church shoes and school shoes. (tennis shoes) and I guess sandals in the summer. anyways, she explained that now that she's in middle school she can't wear plain tennis shoes to school anymore. those are for PE and she would like some "cute" shoes. so pay extra special attention to her ballet flats. she loves them. I snuck this picture at orientation day before school started. a bottom locker, but on an island in the middle of the hall. so not so bad. it took her a while to figure out how to open the locker. she also says that weird boys are on the lockers either side of her.

she put on a shoe fashion show





the school mascot is a bulldog. and they acutally have a real bulldog named Buddy that walks around school on special occasions, and is often after school riding around in a wagon so the kids can say goodbye to him. Emily loves the days when she sees Buddy!!


There's part of a school cheer that says "I'm a Dawg" and both Emily and her friend marie, said they always quietly whisper, "I'm a mustang" instead. the mustang was the ASIJ mascot.


the only bad thing that's happened so far is that one girl at school has the same backpack as Emily. one of the worst possible things that can happen to you according to Emily. and she's just a few lockers down.


we also put her in 7th grade math. which is pre algebra. and then I realized that I would be the one helping with homework. usually, since Ryan isn't home yet, and wondered why I had pushed so hard for advanced math. I hate math. especially algebra. Helping Emily get her math done each night is so stressful for me! all those negative and positive signs send me straight to the hidden ice cream in the back of the freezer!


Here's to hoping that she (we) pass pre algebra!!

1 comment:

AndreaB said...

I can't believe Emily is in middle school!! I remember when she was just little and I'd babysit her =] She is almost the same age I was when I first babysat her. Wow, too crazy!! She kind of reminds me of myself at that age =] I hope you guys do great in pre-algebra =] I'd say I'd help out because I love algebra, but unfortunately we aren't anywhere near each other!