So here she is at her first meet. She has forbidden me to post any pictures of her during a race but said I could post this one. We are SO proud of Emily for doing so well in cross country. Each meet she has beaten her time from before. She is consistently getting faster and better, even though she was having shin spint problems in the beginning. She has 2 meets left this season.
She prefers the trail runs up behind the school, as opposed to around the track. There are blackberry bushes all over and the kids kept grabbing handfuls of blackberries while they were running. Then the coaches had to make a rule: no eating blackberries while you run. :)
2 comments:
I had a love/hate relationship with my cross country experience as well :) but good for Emily for sticking with it. And I am so excited for you guys about NYC at Christmas! I'll think about good suggestions and let ya know. My dad is the one who knows all the good restaurants though.
Reminds me of how Lily was when she started cross country earlier this fall. She ended up really enjoying it and was filled with such accomplishment when she reached her goals. Congrats to Emily for sticking it out!
Post a Comment