
a new move means another trip to Ikea for a few random things. Trent was a great helper and actually put this chair together all by himself.

- heated toilet seats--the fancy Japanese kind with tons of buttons.
- stairs! the kids have made up all sorts of games climbing up and sliding down. really entertaining.
- a closer walk to the train station for Ryan--about 5 minutes shorter.
- a closer walk to the bus stop for the kids (by just a few minutes)
- we can leave 10 minutes later for the bus--the kids still ride the same bus, but we are 2 stops further down the road.
- more space!
- we don't have to be quiet "because we have neighbors" the kids can jump around all they want.
and one thing I'm still getting used to is the upkeep of the porch/front of the house. It's really important for the Japanese to not have any leaves or anything in front of your house. so little Japanese women sweep their street/porch area at least once, and sometimes a couple times a day. even if there is only 1 leaf on the ground, you're expected to sweep it up. and since we have little elderly Japanese couples living on each side of us, I feel like they are watching me to make sure I'm sweeping up my leaves. I've even seen people sweeping their leaves in the rain or a windstorm. It's so funny.
and here are our first house guests. the 5th grade turtles, Fred, John and Smarty Pants stayed over Christmas vacation. The kids had a lot of fun playing with them.





3 comments:
I cannot believe you have been in Japan for 4 years! That's just crazy!
How awesome that you get to be in a house! I know when we first got into a house when we moved to NC, I knew I could never go back to sharing walls with people. Enjoy :).
Love the turtles! They are so cute! Good luck on living in your new house.
Love Katherine
Post a Comment