Saturday, January 1, 2011

Duffy the Disney Bear

I've had such a great time reading through everyone's Christmas posts, so I guess it's time to start working on mine. I have a ton of December stuff to blog about, but haven't blogged in a while because of our move just before Christmas. So I'm going in reverse order, slowly.

We just got back from a 2 day mini trip to Disneyland/Disney Sea. It was one of the kids' Christmas presents. and I think Duffy the Disney Bear deserves it's own post. Has anyone heard of it before? It's a HUGE phenomenon here at Disney Sea. literally, everyone, kids and adults was walking around with these teddy bears. with cute little mickey mouse imprints on it's bum and feet. As soon as we walked into the park, I could not figure out why everyone was carrying a teddy bear. At first, I thought, what a Japanese marketing thing to do. Because the Japanese LOVE this kind of stuff. and it's only available at Disney Sea, not Disneyland. but then I googled it, and it turns out, Duffy the Disney bear is worldwide and available at most Disneylands. So my question to any of you in the US is, do you recognize this bear when you are at Disneyland and how popular is it?

and no, we did not buy a Duffy bear--they are about $40!


there were even Duffy photo spots with little chairs for your bear.



she's a little Duffy crazy...

1 comment:

Lisa Brown said...

I don't remember seeing it at Disney World at all.