Sunday, January 2, 2011

Disneyland

Here are more Disney pictures! The first day (Dec. 30) was Disneyland and it was freezing cold (around 6 Celsius) and really, crowded. This was our first time coming to Disneyland on a holiday and we were blown away by the crowds. see below. I actually waited 4 1/2 hours in line at Buzz Lightyear while the kids kept coming and going, riding a few rides while I waited. at the end of the day, we had done 9 rides. so not bad, for the crowds I guess. we stayed at a hotel down the street.

I always get a kick out of the Japanese/Disney fusion food.





Happy New Years's Eve! on the 31st, day 2, we were at Disney Sea. Much warmer this day and not really crowded! This day was much more fun.

They go all out here. I think she really loves Mickey!

once again, tons of crazy kinds of popcorn.

Is this the line for Space Mountain? nope! It's the line for the soy sauce popcorn.




Jake's not too happy b/c he wasn't tall enough for the Indiana Jones ride. He did like Spash Mountain and also rode Space Mountain for his first time, but it was a little scary for him.





this was taken at 8 am on Dec. 31. These people are camped out for the special New Year's Eve Disney party which will start at 8 pm. The park closed at 6 pm for regular ticket holders.

and driving home we saw the rainbow bridge all lit up for the first time ever! now we know why it's called the Rainbow Bridge. I wonder how often they light it up? maybe just on New Year's. it was so pretty. we put the kids to bed and watched movies on New Year's Eve. Another great Disney trip. We are so lucky to live close by to Disneyland.

1 comment:

Lisa Brown said...

So much fun! And how awesome that you have been able to go so many times while you have lived in Japan :).