It was very chaotic--35,000 runners, met by all their family and friends at the finish line. We saw him running just before he crossed the finish line, but then it actually took us about an hour to catch up with him. it was just so crowded. It was also raining almost the entire time. the rain stopped the last 7 K of the race. and it was only 4C/39F at the start of the race. Ryan was freezing. One cool thing we really liked was that each runner had a chip attatched to their shoe so we could get on the internet and track his progress during the race. It updated every 5K. We had a 3D map of the race at home, so the kids were enjoying mapping out dad's location all morning. They also have cameras along the way, taking your picture, but it will be a while before we can access those. Also, afterwards as were were walking out, there was a hallelujah chorus singing "Happy Day" it was hilarious!
below, is Ryan just after the race
7 comments:
Way to go Ryan! I LOVE the signs! Hilarious!
Wow! I'm impressed Ryan - good job!
Congrats to Ryan! I admire him--that is definitely something I will never do!
How proud are you!!!! What a great accomplishement. I hope someday I'll be able to do that. Congrats Ryan!
Congrats to Ryan! And the signs are awesome :).
Awesome job Ryan! I was thinking this whole time looking at your blog how different Ryan looked. I thought maybe that Japan really agreed with him. but now I can see it's that and the training for marathons. Loved the signs, cute.
Go Ryan! Greg feels your pain!
Post a Comment