It's 3:30 am and we are all awake. The kids are watching a movie. I hate jet lag. It seems to be worse coming from Europe than from the United States. Anyways, We had a fabulous time!! We learned that water comes with or without gas, there are many different ways to flush a toilet and that McDonalds charges about 30 cents for each ketchup packet. McWelcome to Europe. My brother's wedding was beautiful and we had a great time seeing my family. It will take us a while to go through all our pictures so check back in a week or two.
In the mean time, cherry blossom season is just starting! I was afraid we were going to miss it. so we will be spending every second we can outside for the next week. We are preparing for Trent's baptism next Sunday on Easter. Also, while we were away, our stake was dissolved and we are now a branch. They took 4 wards and turned them into 3 branches so now we are actually much bigger! because of the economy, companies have been sending home many of their American expats. It's just too expensive. So our ward has been shrinking little by little over the past 2 years. We usually have around 60-70 people each Sunday which is really small. So we are all excited for new families and meeting in a new building, which is actually closer to our home. lots of changes.
I also learned a lesson at church in Estonia. I will never complain about my calling again after watching the Estonian primary president. It's a small branch. They expect 2-5 kids each Sunday, but she runs a one woman show! First she teaches the lesson second hour. Then she is the chorister (a sister missionary is the pianist), then she does sharing time. And she does this every week! And so normally, I would be stressing out about all the changes and things that need to be done with our new, larger branch primary (I am the primary president) now I am not! I'm just going to go with the flow and be thankful I have amazing counselors, teachers etc.
well, the movie is over and now everyone is hungry. Time for a middle of the night snack!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sounds like you all had a good time! It's always hard coming back from a long trip isn't it? We missed you all and were thinking about you guys on the 20th. Even had a special tribute to Matt and Maris at the shower :) Can't wait for pictures!
I can't wait to see the pictures of it all :). And isn't it amazing what a little perspective will do? That reminds me of when Holly was in the Primary Presidency of the Spanish branch in Twin Falls, except it was her and one other sister doing it all.
Sorry to hear about the jet lag!! Isn't that the worst!?! I am so glad that you had a wonderful trip. I can't wait to go back someday.
Post a Comment