Monday, October 19, 2009

10K

Saturday my friend Margaret and I ran the 10K in the run for the cure race. 2 laps around the Imperial Palace. The cheerleaders and group stretching beforehand were a little funny. This was my first 10K race and my goal was to finish in 1 hour. I finished in 1 hr. 2 minutes. so pretty close. The first 5 K felt great, then the second 5K was really hard. But I ran the whole time and it was fun to run around the palace. Ryan works across the street from the palace and often runs there when he has a break from work (or is waiting for a phone call etc.) but this was my first time.

6 comments:

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

You're a Rock Star! I'm so impressed - you inspire me!

Megan Jo Eddie said...

SO PROUD OF YOU! You are my inspirtation. I ran this morning too. Not a 5 K, just on my treadmill in the basement while watching Mickey Mouse Club with Peri. I bet the Palace was a much more beautiful view.

Tabitha and Kelly said...

Congratulations Jill!! That is so awesome. I am very proud of you! I also loved your camping pictures. They were very BEAUTIFUL, and it looks like you and your family had a blast! Love, Tab

Nicole said...

way to go jilly bean! i am so proud.

Comarsh Crew said...

Great job Jill - what an accomplishment. And for such a great cause!

Lisa Brown said...

Wow! You are amazing! I think I may be the only person who did not turn into a runner after high school :).