Tuesday, October 13, 2009

a camping we will go!

We went camping this weekend to Lake Motosu, one of the Fuji 5 lakes at the base of Mt. Fuji. We went with 10 families, adding up to 28 kids! The kids had a blast. I know that my going camping shocks all my family and close friends. I haven't been camping since girls camp, if that even counts. Everyone knows that I hate camping!! But we live in a big city without even a backyard so it's important to Ryan and I to help our kids have outdoor experiences.

Everyone hiked (Emily scootered) around the entire lake. Jake and I turned back after about 20 minutes but Trent and Emily made it the whole 13 kilometers. This pic is Emily with her friend Sabrina.
One of the dads built a zip line at our campsite. Trent was in heaven.
We rented paddle boats.
Love this pic with Fuji in the background
Ryan took over 300 pics of Fuji at various times during the day. sunrise, mid day etc. This was my favorite picture he took. The water was such a gorgeous color. not the usual yucky brownish lake color.

see that small hill/mountain off to the right of Fuji right next to the lake? we hiked up to the top of that! Which was really hard with Jake but we made it. The new picture at the top of our blog was our family at the top of that mountain.

5 comments:

Megan Jo Eddie said...

I'm so proud of you! Camping is not on the top of my wish list(maybe we went to too many years of girls camp together....we just got burned out) Nevertheless, still very proud! Looks like you had fun.

Lisa Brown said...

How much fun! It looks a lot more pleasant than camping in NC in August like we did for our kids :).

Sybrina said...

It looks gorgeous there! Wow! Love the new pit up top, too!

Megan Jo Eddie said...

Use 9x13 cake and crumble very fine, fold in 1 container of frosting. then roll into little 1 inch balls. Place the sucker stick in the ball and freeze overnight. then dip in almond bark and put the eyes and mouth on with a gel pen. Let me know if you want further insturctions.

Comarsh Crew said...

Looks like everyone had a great time. Your kids are growing so fast! I changed my blog link - be sure to change it to: http://jcomarsh.blogspot.com/