Friday, February 20, 2009

Tama zoo

We are on winter break and went to Tama Zoo yesterday with a group of friends. 6 moms and 17 kids was quite the group! Tama Zoo is definitely not the closest zoo to our home, but it's the biggest and best. we had a great time. The chimpanzees had a drink machine in their cage. They could put a coin in the machine and get a drink. If they put their can in the recycling bin, it gave them another coin. awesome!
I've seen kangaroos before, but never with the baby in the pouch. so cute!


We also rode the Lion Bus--they hung little pieces of meat off the side of the bus so the lions would jump up on the side of the bus. That's Trent's head at the bottom of the picture.

4 comments:

Hillary said...

Amazing! I can't believe how close that lion came! You guys are always up to something fun!

Comarsh Crew said...

How cool is that! The kids must have had so much fun. I miss your family, especially Trent in my nursery class. He must be 4 or 5 now right?

Lisa Brown said...

That is crazy about the lions! So cool, but so freaky at the same time!!

Tabitha and Kelly said...

WOW! What a great zoo! I love the chimp story about the coins and recycling. How neat is that? I just love all of your stories. What an amazing time for your kids to experience. I am glad you enjoyed the Blast from the Past pics I posted. I just love that we had that great group of friends when we were growing up!