you'll often hear stories about how safe it is here in Japan. Here's another one! Saturday we went with Trent's first grade class to Ueno Park to pass out onigiri (rice balls) to the homeless. During the past few weeks at school the kids have been learning about the less fortunate. Friday, they made the rice balls themselves at school. Trent had to do a lot of chores around the house to earn money ($6 minimun) to bring in to pay for the rice. It was a great experience for Trent--and because of the nice weather we are having there were about 500 homeless standing in line. They were expecting 400.
We got home and realized that I had left my stroller at the park. My wallet was on top of the stroller. I LEFT MY WALLET AT A PARK FULL OF HOMELESS PEOPLE!! and it was still there when Ryan went back 3 hours later. we were so amazed. Only in Japan!!
Sunday, February 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
That is amazing considering all the homeless people. Respect, plus it would have been hard for one of the Japanese people to try to pass as YOU with your ID?
WoW Jill, that is a great story, and it makes you feel good about mankind. I am glad that it was there safe and sound for you.
That's an incredible story. It's definitely one of the things that I love most about this country. Every time I've ever lost something here and retrace my steps, it has always been there-- normally up on a bush or pole so I can see it. But then again, I've never lost something quite as tempting to take as a wallet. I'm so glad you got it back.
That is so amazing!! In Savannah, all you have to do is step away from your stuff for a minute. Did I mention that I live in a city with one of the highest crime rates in the country? (sigh)
What a great story! Wouldn't it be great if that was the case through out the world. It would definently be a better place. Hi Jill, I just happened upon your last year Christmas card, which had your blog address on it so I thought I would check it out. You are experiencing some amazing things. What a great opportunity! We hope that we will see you at the family reunion this summer. I will have to keep checking to keep up on all of the fun you are having. Thanks for sharing. If she hasn't already, your mom will have to give you our blog address.
Post a Comment