Friday, February 27, 2009

fieldtrip day

Yesterday I was able to go on a fieldtrip with Trent's class to Jindaiji Temple and Botanical Gardens. It's pretty close to the school and the kids have been there multiple times for various fieldtrips, but I had never been. It was beautiful! and freezing cold!! Trent is on the top left in the picture above.
Each child was given the assignment to sketch 1 living thing, 1 statue and 1 building.

These were jade vines in the greenhouse. such a beautiful color!

And February means Plum blossom season. I love how the plum blossoms come in various colors, as opposed to cherry blosssoms next month that are all the same color.

And they got to paint pottery as well. I was really glad I got to go with Trent. This was my first fieldtrip I've been on this year, because I have Jacob home with me and all fieldtrips are very specific to say "no siblings allowed." but a little while ago on the last field trip, Trent came home very sad saying "you're the only mom who doesn't come on the field trips. Why don't you ever come?" So this time I was able to work out the babysitting for Jake. Because the school is so far away it made for a long day. 6 hours!

4 comments:

kelly ferg said...

Now you are a complete Mother of the year. Way to go, it looks like it was a great day for both.

Sybrina said...

I am so glad to hear someone else gets the guilt trips from their kids! It is difficult with little ones.

But, what an awesome field trip! You are so fortunate to be there and to have him in a class that does such educational field trips. I loved the sketching activity especially. That is spring boarding an idea for our next vacation or day trip.

Lisa Brown said...

How fun that you got to go! Lily gets sad if I miss even one of her school activities - pretty funny :).

Jeanetta said...

I'm so glad you found me! It has been great to see your blog. It's so good to see what you are up to. We were in Japan two years ago and loved it. It was expensive, but beautiful!