Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Kappabashi outing

Today I took a tour of Kappabashi, the kitchen district, on a Relief Society outing. I had sooooooooo much fun! Dishes, plastic food, restaurant supply stuff, knives etc. I came home with a few new kitchen gadgets, 2 serving bowls and a darling Japanese lunchbox (obento box) for Emily to give away for a birthday present for her friend. Here are some of my pictures.



below: each store was crammed full of stuff!


the plastic food store--for restaurants to use in their store windows.

I loved this sushi clock.


my favorite purchase of the day-lacquer serving bowl.

3 comments:

Jenny Young said...

Hi Jill,
It looks like fun! My friend is here visiting so I didn't get to go. We were at Asakusa today and I kept looking for you guys. Same neighborhood. Glad you posted pics.

Stocker Family said...

It was so much fun, Jill. I am also satisfied with my purchase. I'm glad I had a train ride with you guys to chat. Thanks!

Lisa Brown said...

I am still laughing about the plastic food stare :).