Saturday, December 20, 2008

official soccer mom

Trent and Emily started soccer a few weeks ago. I think they are trying to make their scary goalie faces in this picture. I love this soccer program because it's in English (British Football Academy) and it's a 10 minute drive from our house. 2 interesting things have happened so far:

1. The first week we went I noticed Emily speaking in a British accent. When I asked her about it afterwards, she said she was trying to blend in and talk like all the other kids. "I'm the only kid who doesn't have an accent." I guess to all the other kids, she's the only one with the accent! It was hilarious.

2. Also on the first week, I got a $100 parking ticket! But it wasn't my fault, I swear. The parking meter instructions were in Japanese and I couldn't understand. I put my ticket in my purse and was supposed to put it on the dashboard. Stupid, I know. Luckily, I had a Japanese friend call and explain what happened and I didn't have to pay. I did, however, have to go down to the Shibuya Police station to show them the papers and my drivers license. What I thought would be a quick errand with the kids turned into an hour and a half nightmare. And after finally getting it taken care of, we were walking back to the car and saw parking meter guys looking at my car!! Finding parking is impossible here so I had pulled over to the side of the road and left my hazards on for an hour...I had to run up and apologize and luckily, no ticket. You'd think I would have learned my lesson.



3 comments:

Jessica said...

It is so funny how kids try to blend in and not be different when different is the best thing that they can be -if it is a good different that is-
You are so brave to drive in Japan. I would be scared to death and probably never do it.

Megan Jo Eddie said...

I get tickets like that in the states. So, give yourself a little credit. You reallly are a smartie. Have a Merry Christmas. Love you tons

Lisa Brown said...

I am still laughing about Emily and her British accent :). That is crazy about your parking ticket! Thank goodness it got sorted out. And what a bummer about having to drive trent to school . I think I would have been tempted just to have him stay home - although I guess that would probably backfire :).