Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas

Merry Christmas! We had a quiet little Christmas over here and didn't take many pictures. Ryan was able to take off the 24 and 25th, (Christmas is not a holiday here) and then worked the 26. but will have New Years week off. we spent Christmas Eve with friends. had dinner, all the kids did a talent show and acted out the nativity story. then Christmas day we spent the day watching movies, playing with new toys and went to the park. This was Jake's Thomas the Train Christmas. and he also covers his eyes whenever I try to take a picture of him!
We saw this festive dog on our way to the park, Christmas day!
We love DVD's!! and thanks to Santa, my parents and my brother Mark, I think we're set for quite a while. at least till July when we come back home. I know this is quite a pile, but remember that we don't have any TV channels here. just a DVD player.
and our real Christmas present to ourselves came about a week ago. a new car!! It's a 2002 Toyota Estima. I don't know if I'm more excited for the air conditioning, or the navigation system. It's been fun to drive around this week. so much quieter and smoother than our last car...which by the way, we dropped off at the junk yard a few days ago.

3 comments:

Megan Jo Eddie said...

I love the car. What a great Christmas present. Your little Jake is so cute covering his eyes. Sounds like a great Christmas.

Mark said...

Nice pile of DVDS!! We got a bunch this year too. Blake loved his wooden train set. You'll have to come to Ohio to visit us next summer :)

Lisa Brown said...

I don't know how you survive without channels. If you want to know some good shows to get seasons of, let me know and I'll tell you what we watch :). It sounds like a great Christmas.