Wednesday, December 17, 2008

the day I've been dreading...

After almost 2 years in Tokyo, it's finally happened. We missed the bus this morning!! actually, Trent missed the bus, Emily made it. Trent has been taking longer and longer in the mornings and we've gotten in the habit of sending Emily ahead. I was a little upset because we were 3/4 of the way to the bus stop when it pulled away. The bus monitors (high schoolers) are supposed to look down the street just before pulling away to make sure they are not leaving anyone, and this morning they didn't check! grrrr. So I ended up driving Trent, and 2 friends who also missed the bus to school this morning. in the rain. 30 minutes out and an hour back because of traffic coming into Tokyo. Not how I wanted to spend my morning!

3 comments:

Megan Jo Eddie said...

OH, it has been soooo long since I've heard from you. You're family is so cute and you look amazing. I'm going to stay up all night and read your blogs. Collie passed it onto me. Are you coming home from Christmas? We'll be there for a few days. Please write back and we'll catch up. Love you tons. Megan

Sybrina said...

Aw...well, I have to say I'm impressed you've lived there so long and only recently hit that bad day. You amaze me how you do so much and keep up with it all- even in a country so challenging and different as Japan. And, as ALWAYS -WE LOVED YOUR CARD! Thanks for keeping us in the loop :)

Megan Jo Eddie said...

Jill- you made my day too. Thanks so much for responding and I know I'll be so much better about keeping in touch. I love to tell my kids funny stories about how silly and how much fun we had together. What an amazing person you are. You look so great. I can't wait to see you in August. Have the merriest Christmas ever. I check my blog often, so I'll keep in touch that way. Love ya tons