The green tea pool uses green tea grown in the surrounding Hakone mountains. It contains Catechin, a powerful anti-oxidant that enhances the immune system and is also good for the skin.
Their website said that bathing in wine is a rejuvenation treatment for the body, and that the Queen of Egypt, Cleopatra loved to bath in wine.

This is the charcoal (dark purple) pool. The kids liked playing with the pieces of charcoal in the water.

These pools were all diluted with water, so it wasn't straight green tea, etc. I didn't have a good picture of the coffee pool. But they were all staggered up the mountain side. so you would go up or down stairs to get to the next one. It was so beautiful to be up in the mountains sitting in an onsen. Definitely one of our best Japan outings yet!
3 comments:
Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. I'm from pretty close to Hakone and it is one of the places that I went with my family since I was little. Many changes since then, so Yunessan was not there when I was little. I have to go back and check out these new places.
I'm good either Thursday morning or Wednesday after Enrichment. I prefer to get done on Wednesday after Enrichment since playroom would be a perfect spot for kids to hang out.
What a cool place! Sounds like a fun family trip. I love seeing BYU represented over there in Japan. Go Cougs!
Wow, that is so unusual and interesting. What a fun day. Like I always say, I think your life in Japan is amazing...to get to see new things and new culture. I love "living" in Japan through your blog!
Post a Comment