Saturday, October 15, 2011

Five on Friday

sorry no pictures!!

1. This week was the walk a thon for the boys' elementary school. They both walked 18 laps! which was the most you could do. Trent speed walked/ran when the teachers weren't looking, and finished in record time. one of the first kids done. Jake took a few breaks. stopped at lap 13 and was going to be done, but then Ryan showed up after work to surprise the boys and did the last 5 laps with Jacob to help him finish. I was working the first aid booth. which was fun b/c I had a front row seat to see the action and basically had to do nothing. The only eventful thing was when one kid lost his tooth and came over for some water and gauze.

2. I got new dining room and entry way rugs this week from Home Decorators Collection and I am so happy with them! Free shipping on all rugs through October 24th.

3. my youngest sister is doing a BYU study abroad program in London. The same thing I did when I was a sophomore at BYU. She is having a ton of fun and even went to the premiere of Three Musketeers and got her picture taken with Orlando Bloom! Monday, my parents leave to go visit her for 2 weeks. and they are taking my 2 brothers, Jeff, Matthew and Matthew's wife, Maris. Ryan and I were also invited to go, but it just didn't work out with leaving the kids and finding babysitters... we are sad, but not too sad, b/c the week before Christmas, we are leaving the kids with my parents for 5 days and taking a trip to New York City! Both of us have never been to NYC and I think it will be beautiful and lots to do at Christmas time. (and cold, too. yes, we know...) any suggestions of what to see or do?

4. Everybody keeps asking me how we're handling the weather. and I just don't know yet b/c we haven't really had any bad weather! August and September were absolutely gorgeous, and the first 2 weeks of October, we've had a pattern of 4-5 rainy days, and then 2 sunny days. so it's still not too bad. we'll see how long it lasts.

5. Hopefully, in the next week, I will start posting about CHINA! What? you don't remember our fabulous China trip from back in June? Hummmm. Neither do I. that's part of the problem! After 4 months, it's hard to look back and remember a lot of it, but I am trying. and Ryan is trying hard to edit the pictures. I haven't even seen all of them yet. So that is Ryan's big project this weekend. I told him he can't leave for work on Monday until all the China pictures are on my desktop. The problem was, school got out, we went to China for a week, then came home and immediately moved to Seattle. waited for all of our computer/photography stuff to arrive end of August. and then were so busy unpacking and still organizing, we are just getting around to it. so be patient, and look forward to some awesome posts coming soon!!!

2 comments:

Megan Jo Eddie said...

So much happening at your house. First of all what rugs did you get. I love that website. So cute- I need one for outside on my porch. I've made it into an outdoor living room. Also, yeah for NYC. You will LOVE it. Go see a Broadway show, Wicked or Lion King. Go ice skating in Central Park or running through it. You'll have a blast.

Lisa Brown said...

How awesome that Lynne is doing the same study abroad. I always wished I could have done the London one too, but I was lucky enough to get to go to Jerusalem, I don't think I could have made it work to do another one. And as for your NY trip, go to my post from when I went last year to get some ideas: http://lisabrown.typepad.com/my_weblog/2010/10/apples-the-big-apple-and-other-traveling-adventures.html I will try to remember any other things. Also, the MEt and the Natural History Museum do not have a set entry fee - you pay what you want - I paid $5 for each :).