This week I have really been missing Tokyo and all my Japan friends! It seems so strange to not be packing up and heading back to Tokyo this time of year. I'm a little sad as I hear about all my friends heading back after a fun summer in the US. I feel like I should be buying Halloween costumes, Christmas presents and filling suitcases up with chocolate chips and ranch dressing. I'm missing the nashi and fall matsuri's.
Jake, a little while ago, came up to me and asked "when are we going back to Japan?" I thought at age 5 he understood what moving meant!
I said, "well, we're not going back. we live here in Washington now."
"you mean like for...forever?"
well, maybe not forever, Jake. but hopefully for a long time.
other news around here:
I ran a 10 K race this week all through downtown Seattle. in 54 minutes! my last 10 K was with my good friend, Margaret, in Tokyo. 2 laps around the imperial palace. that was a fun time! I think that's one of the reasons I've been thinking more about Tokyo this week. miss you Margaret!!
But Ryan is really liking his new job. a lot. and even has a nice office with a view instead of a little cube like he had in Japan. He likes all his collegues and was surprised at how many LDS people work for Deloitte. I guess the Seattle office heavily recruits from BYU.
and we do have something to look forwards to. Our shipment is arriving on Friday!!! about a month sooner than expected. no more air mattress for Jake. let the unpacking begin!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment