Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Five Years Old

Jacob's birthday was on the 10th and now he's FIVE!!

a birthday breakfast, cinnamon rolls, strawberries and sausage. I have missed my "you are special" plate so much! Really wish I would have taken it with me to Japan instead of putting it in storage. Without even planning it, we signed up for the same swim lessons as our good friends, the Hansens! so after swimming lessons, we had pizza and cupcakes at the park next to the pool. We LOVE living by our Tokyo friends.



Later on that night, we had a family party. I found this rainbow cake in a Rachel Ray magazine and wanted to give it a try. it was a hit! and neon food coloring made all the difference.




his favorite presents were probably Candy Land, silly bandz and a remote control spider.






it even crawls up the wall!


and here are a few pics of Jacob at the skate park we visited a few days ago. we've had a nice chart at our house. and this was Jacob's prize after filling up his chart. a trip to the skate park. He was in scooter heaven.










Happy Birthday Jacob! We love you!!!

2 comments:

Ehales said...

I love the "you are special" plate!! Cute pics

Lisa Brown said...

Okay, I cannot believe he is already 5!! I still remember sitting on the beach with you in Monterey, and talking about how much you wanted to have a thrid child :). And that remote control spider would not be welcome in my house - too creepy!