Sunday, July 3, 2011

Life in Boxes

We made it to Seattle! I think we're going to love it here! right off the bat, we noticed, it's freezing cold!!! break out the jackets and sweatshirts. We were prepared for summer, but they say "summer" doesn't start till after July 4th here.

we were in a hotel for 5 days while we worked on unpacking the house during the day. our stuff from storage in California came last Saturday, the day after we flew in. Tons of stuff we couldn't figure out why we kept. and a few things I've really been missing. like my garlic presser and my bed!!

this is our rental house for the next year, while we get familiar with the area. and notice my new mini van in the driveway! a Toyota Sienna. I LOVE it!!

here's the storage stuff, being unloaded.




we love our neighborhood. There are tons of kids here. most nights look like this, below. all the kids outside, hanging out on the street. rip sticks are really popular here, so this is Emily and Trent having ripstick lessons from the neighborhood kids. We told them that if they could learn to ride one, we would buy them their own ripsticks.




sillybandz and pokemon cards are still popular here. so glad I didn't get rid of ours in the move.




we had a whirlwind 10 days with Ryan before he flew back to Tokyo. basically set up EVERYTHING!!! totally moved into the house. Internet, cable, new car, insurance, garbage, cell phones, washington drivers licenses, gym memberships, library cards, bank, you name it, we've done it this week.


this is Jake at the library. in a moment of panic, I couldn't find him. "Jake, Jake? where are you?" finally found him in this sneaky hiding place.






stuffed zucchini at our pre-fourth of july BBQ we had with Ryan just before he flew out. it was SO good!







how in the world did this picture get upside down?? I am so worried we will all gain 50 pounds now that we're back in the US. so I set up a rule, that once a week we get to pick out a new treat we've been missing. this week we picked popsicles.




this is what happens when you say, "Jake, look at the camera, I want to take your picture!"





Happy Fourth of July, Everyone!!! This will be our first time celebrating in the USA since we moved 5 years ago. we are really excited!!!



4 comments:

AndreaB said...

Welcome back!! I am so glad you guys are loving Seattle! And so great that there are so many kids for your kids =] Hopefully that will make the transition easier on them =]

Happy 4th of July!

-Andrea

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

Welcome home, Jill! (When you get a chance, email me your new address, I want to look you up next time I'm in Seattle.)

KyokoM said...

Ryan and I loved reading about your new life in Seattle. Must be nice to have a lot of space again! Don't get too excited about the super sized food, though!

Lisa Brown said...

Love your neighborhood!!! It reminds me of where my sister Wendy lived in Everett, when she was in Seattle. And was Jake asleep in his hiding spot?