My kimono quilt is back from the quilters!!! and I love it! I used the Gathering Place in Rupert Idaho and was very happy with the results. this is my most prized possession I will leave Japan with. It's the hardest thing I've ever sewed and I am so grateful for Evelyn Ames, who taught this class and walked me through each step. you can't see it, but my floral border is stitched in Japanese fans, and my favorite part is in each square I asked that the stitching in the white background fabric match the kimono fabric. I think they did a great job coordinating. I love Haruyo's square that has the dragonfly kimono and then the dragonfly background stitching. I love how our names are on the the bottom corner of each square so I can always remember my Tokyo friends! we each made the same square 6 times, then exchanged squares.

Ginny Jensen's square

Haruyo Stocker's square

my square--purple is my favorite color!

Heather Harper's square

Wendy Gagnon's square

Jennifer Bezzant's square
7 comments:
I love your quilt!! So glad you posted pics. What a fun thing to take home with you. Summer will definitely be an easier move. Enjoy your last few months they will fly by!
Jill!!! It's so beautiful! The quilters did an amazing job and I love the framing material. You are totally inspiring me to get mine finished.
Gorgeous, Jill! Now I want to use the same place you did. I guess I have to finish mine first...
WOW! It's beautiful! You worked so hard and did such a good job! And now, it's finished! I think you're the first one in the group to finish! Thanks for posting the photos!
SO BEAUTIFUL! You're amazing. I don't know if I could have the patience to do that. I'm inspired to go get on my sewing machine and finish Ashton's quilt. When you come home, let me know and we'll meet at the Gathering Place.
I LOVE it!!!! I loved getting to see the squares up closer - just gorgeous, and the quilting detail is amazing!
I Love it! I can hardly wait to see it in person.
Post a Comment