Monday, October 4, 2010

5 things I am loving this week

1. Evelyn Ames--this week my good friend, Evelyn moved back to Utah. (that would be the low point of the week, not one of my favorites) but she's been a great friend, sewing teacher to Emily and myself, and primary teacher to Jake. we will miss you!! this is a pic of Emily and her friend Marie with their finished quilts, after weekly lessons with Evelyn. 2. cub scouts. I can't tell you how much I love my cub scout calling. last year I did wolfs and this year it's the bears. so fun to be with Trent.


3. nashi. a Japanese pear. a cross between an apple and a pear. so yummy!


4. the fall line up of new TV shows!! my top three shows that I LOVE are:
1. Biggest Loser
2. Vampire Diaries (my guilty pleasure)
3. White Collar (which actually doesn't start up again till January)

my top 3 shows that I LIKE are:
1. Community
2. Office
3. Glee

can you tell how much I love our slingbox??

5. and last, but definitely not least, freetime! with Jake in preschool now, I have 4 hours, 4 times a week. I wish I could tell you that my house is cleaner, and more thought was put into my dinners, but that would be a lie. I can tell you that I go to institute once a week, made a wall hanging for Emily's birthday (my September project) went to the fabric district and got all my fabric to start Emily's quilt, (my October project) updated the kids scrapbooks, read 2 books, and made each kid in our primary a set of these apostle trading cards for our general conference primary activity. It was a much bigger project than I had anticipated. life is good.

2 comments:

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

*always sad to see friends move away (btw-when are YOU moving home?)

*cub leader was one of my favorite callings

*congrats on your new found freedom (hurray for preschool!)

*thanks for the sugardoodle link to the apostle trading cards-AWESOME!

Lisa Brown said...

We started watching a brand new CW show called Nakita - which is really fun and exciting. It reminds me of the show Alias that used to be on. I always love fall when the new shows come out :). Do you watch The Mentalist? It is awesome :).