
After the wedding luncheon, we said goodbye to all our family and headed off to the airport to catch our flight to Munich, Germany to begin one of our first family vacations, just the five of us. We got a rental car, and spent a week, driving through Southern/Western Germany. And even though Ryan almost killed us on the autobahn, and I lost our electrical adapter (left it in the hotel room) and Jake gave Trent (yes, you read that right) a bloody nose in one of the many back seat car fights, we really did have a wonderful time!!!
Lots of people ask me why we picked Germany. The answer is: our friends the Gagnons!! We were having a hard time deciding where we wanted to travel in Europe. Just too hard to narrow the list down, and then the Gagnons, in our ward, invited us over to their home. They lived in Germany for 4 years with 4 small children and travelled everywhere. When I looked through their scrapbooks and saw their little boys running around ancient ruin castles, with toy swords, that's when I knew Germany was going to be it. Our friends, gave us their guidebooks, (we highly recommend Rick Steves!) helped map us out a route and told us all the kid friendly things to do and see.
Lots of people ask me why we picked Germany. The answer is: our friends the Gagnons!! We were having a hard time deciding where we wanted to travel in Europe. Just too hard to narrow the list down, and then the Gagnons, in our ward, invited us over to their home. They lived in Germany for 4 years with 4 small children and travelled everywhere. When I looked through their scrapbooks and saw their little boys running around ancient ruin castles, with toy swords, that's when I knew Germany was going to be it. Our friends, gave us their guidebooks, (we highly recommend Rick Steves!) helped map us out a route and told us all the kid friendly things to do and see.
And so, without further ado, here's our Germany top 10 list:
3 comments:
So essentially, you toured Kevin's mission :). Isn't he lucky to have lived there?
I knew he served in Germany, but I didn't know where. what an awesome mission!
Classic Ryan . . . he almost killed us many times while growing up in Oregon :)
Post a Comment