Monday, July 6, 2009

Oh what do you do in the summertime?

we are having technical difficulties with some of our pics...so posts about my parents visiting and July 4th will be coming sometime soon. In the meantime, this is what we've been doing the past few days:

We've been making paper chains: Emily, Trent and the girl next door have been frantically trying to break the world record for longest paper chain! They work on this all the time! The chain currently loops around emily's bedroom 6 times.

We've been watching You Tube. Emily recently discovered that she can watch current episodes of all her favorite Disney shows on You Tube. (since we don't have TV) Now I actually have to share the computer with someone during the day. grrrrrrr.

We've been wearing our rain boots! It's rainy season here, and it rains ALL THE TIME! I decided that the only way to survive would be a new, cute pair of rain boots. on clearance at Macy's...they look like a box of chocolates and I love them!

We've been getting black eyes! 2 to be exact. last week Jacob had a swivel chair incident at Kentucky Fried Chicken. It finally just barely faded away, but then yesterday he collided with another little boy at church, giving us black eye #2.
We've been playing in our kiddie pool. My friend, Evelyn, brought this over for the kids and they (Jacob) love it! I think the thing we miss the most about our California summers is all the afternoon swimming at Klippel's pool. we miss all our swimming friends!! But this has been really fun out on our deck.

3 comments:

Lisa Brown said...

Poor guy with the black eyes - it totally reminds me of Derek. He always has some sort of bruise on his face. And fun boots! When it rained so much on us at Disney, having wet feet was the most miserable part, and so those must be wonderful.

Wishes and Books said...

These pictures are so cute (well, except for the poor little black eye!). What a fun summer! YouTube, Disney shows, kiddie pools, paper chains...I love it!

Megan Jo Eddie said...

Will you PLEASE call me when you get here. I will race right down to see you. I'm dying to see you and catch up on life. So, if you get any spare time, please call. 208-478-9072. Love ya, and travel safely.