- Summer Fun Poster--I stumbled upon this idea on the internet--We made a list of all the fun things we'd like to do this summer. Some big things, like the beach and Disneyland (I love being so close!) and some small things, like go on a picnic and visit a few of our favorite parks. Whenever we do one of these activities, we turn the paper over, the idea being, at the end of the summer we'll be able to look back and see all the fun things we did and also have a list of ideas for a boring day. We put it up in the kitchen, next to the calendar so we can always see it.
Popsicle Jobs--another great internet idea. One job a day/per child. (besides the regular morning jobs, like make your bed, get dressed etc.) I'm hoping this will make chores a little more exciting.
Reading--because books in English are rare, the kid's school library, lets each student check out 25 books over the summer, due back the first day of school. Parents are also allowed to use any of the three libraries as a public library. (high school, middle school and elementary) I LOVE this! As you can see, Emily will be tackling Harry Potter 4, 5, and 6. She is currently into American Girl books also. Little Trent hopped on the library's computer and looked up all the books he could find on dragons, plants and star wars. We even checked out a Star Wars Cookbook! Saturday the missionaries are coming over for dinner and boy are they in for a surprise. Trent has planned the menu for "Han-Burgers" (think Hans Solo) and "Darth Vador's Dark Chocolate Sundaes."
USA family time--4 weeks of fun. We have BIG plans.
Japanese--We have 6 weeks of summer together in Tokyo and I have come up with 6 weekly vocabulary reviews to help the kids retain what they've learned in school. colors/days of the week, numbers, animals, food, shopping and weather.
Lofty goals?? Maybe...it will be interesting at the end of the summer to look back and see if we actually stuck to these routines and accomplished our goals. Happy Summer everyone!
6 comments:
Can we come over? Your summer sounds like so much fun! What fun ideas! You are such a great mom, Jill!
these are great goals. i hope that you can stick to them. i really like the chore mug...can't wait until my little ones can pitch in. and the fun ideas is great! hope that the vocab goes well too. how are you attacking those?
I saw those ideas last year, and thought they looked so fun, but then completely forgot about it. I need to get organized as well :). And I am so jealous you get to go to Idaho this summer - we just can't afford it this year. Have so much fun though!!
It sounds like you guys are going to have a great summer. What are you guys going to do here in the States? Didn't you guys go on a fun cruise last year?
Jill, you are so organized, that is cool that you have the summer chart! We're looking forward to seeing you this summer
What great ideas. I am stealing everyone of them!
Post a Comment