This week Ryan and I are going to Kyoto for 2 days and leaving the kids with some friends. Jake and Mikelle are newlyweds, BYU students, and here in Tokyo for a summer internship. Perfect...our only hope is that the kids will be on their best behavior so that this will be a positive experience for Jake and Mikelle.Anyways, we're very excited to see another area of Japan. Kyoto was the capitol of Japan before Tokyo, from 794 to 1868. Due to its historic value, the city was dropped from the list of target cities for the atomic bomb and spared from air raids during World War II, As a result, Kyoto is one of the few Japanese cities that still has many prewar historic sites/buildings.
3 comments:
How nice for you two to be able to get away! Kevin and I need to do that. Oh, and I love the crazy pictures from your other post :).
That's really interesting. I never knew that. I guess that they don't really teach that in school or maybe they do and I just wasn't listening. I can't wait to hear more about your trip! I hope you guys have fun!
Sounds fun! Have a great time sans kiddos!
Post a Comment