Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Goldfish Update

In just 8 days, we have somehow managed to kill all 15 goldfish. Surprisingly, the kids were not too sad. Each morning they would wake up, count how many fish had died and then fight over who's turn it was to flush them down the toilet. We have no idea what went wrong, but it is obvious that we are not meant to have pets. However, we will try to do better with the Sea Monkeys and Triops we just received in the mail from Grandma and Grandpa!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I don't know anyone that's been able to keep goldfish alive for very long. I had no idea what Sea Monkeys and Triops were so I clicked on your links. They look pretty cool. Post pictures of their growth if you can. I want to see how they grow.

Nicole said...

i didn't want to spoil the fun commenting on the goldfish. but i had a fish birthday party where i got several goldfish and the next morning ALL of them were dead. i sympathize. fish that i have found are resilient are betas. i have the most recent one for over a year now. they are pretty and easy to care for. if the kiddos want a fish...go for the betas. but only one...they try to kill eachother.