Friday, January 4, 2008

Angell Family New Years

At our house, we skipped the deep cleaning, although I did vacuum. We ate at the regular dinner time. Ryan and Emily had soba for dinner, the rest of us who don't like soba had yakisoba, which is more like chinese noodles. the soba noodles are grey and mushy.
This is Yakisoba--I forgot to take a picture of the regular soba.



We had a little treat with the kids and then sent them off to bed. Ryan and I stayed up watching Ocean's Thirteen. The next day we visited a shrine and were unprepared for how crowded it would be! I had heard to stay away from the big shrines, so we visited our little local one. The wait was over an hour, so we ended up just walking around the shrine and taking pictures, but did not go inside. Later, we had the missionaries over for dinner--Japanese sisters, American elders, and an investigator. One of the elders is even from Twin Falls. Small world! The sisters taught us a traditional New Years game, similar to pin the tail on the donkey only with face pieces. It was a fun day!



1 comment:

Lisa Brown said...

How fun! And I am laughing that you spent New Years with the missionaries just like we did - fun! I just love hearing all the cool things about your Japanese experience.