I think it was cool/different for him to run a "real" race on a course where the streets are blocked off by policemen and the entire area was shut down. He was really worried he wouldn't know where to run, when we told him he'd be on the streets around the Seattle Center, but afterwards, said it was really easy.
Sunday, November 27, 2011
Seattle kids marathon
Saturday we cheered Trent on in the Seattle kids marathon! He did awesome! How it works is, you run 25 miles on your own during the month of November. Trent logged his miles at the school jogging club. Then you run the last 1.2 miles in the race at the Seattle Center, downtown. 2000 kids. a little chaotic. He came in around 7 minutes. sprinted the entire way. He was so tired!


I think it was cool/different for him to run a "real" race on a course where the streets are blocked off by policemen and the entire area was shut down. He was really worried he wouldn't know where to run, when we told him he'd be on the streets around the Seattle Center, but afterwards, said it was really easy.
I think it was cool/different for him to run a "real" race on a course where the streets are blocked off by policemen and the entire area was shut down. He was really worried he wouldn't know where to run, when we told him he'd be on the streets around the Seattle Center, but afterwards, said it was really easy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Trent! This is great! I wish there were something like this here in San Jose! Maybe there is, I just don't know it? Sprinting the whole way...good job and well done. For me there is something about running that just makes me feel really strong. Keep it up. I love the last picture. Take care, Shauna
How awesome! And he looks so grown up!!!
Post a Comment