Emily's quilt is now her new bedspread. and the wall art giant E over her bed was a birthday present.
Sunday, November 13, 2011
project done
This week I finished the binding on Emily's quilt and am finally DONE with my goal to make each child a Japanese quilt. here they are!! and Jake in a bike helmet is a regular at our house b/c he is always trying to convince someone to take him outside for a bike ride.
Emily's quilt is now her new bedspread. and the wall art giant E over her bed was a birthday present.
I picked up these pillows at a flea market in Thailand for about $2!
each square in the quilt is a different machine quilted shape. mostly fans or outlines. it's so beautiful. The Gathering Place in Rupert Idaho does a fantastic job! you can see it better from the back...
and I have really been loving vinyl lettering lately. I've never had any vinyl lettering displayed in my home before, which is shocking because it's so popular with LDS women. but no "live, laugh, love" or "Return with Honor" here! but finally, I ordered Emily's giant E and this "play" seen below in our playroom from say anything expressions. I love them!! and I also must add, the girl from say anything expressions was so helpful and nice. for 3 days, I couldn't make up my mind on the fonts, and she kept sending and resending multiple examples of various font mock ups to help me decide. I would definitely recommend them!
Emily's quilt is now her new bedspread. and the wall art giant E over her bed was a birthday present.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Dear Jill, I love your quilts so much. It made me think of the quilts you made for my babies. I still use them you know. I love them so much. Emily's quilt is amazing!!! You are so talented. Emily, I love your room!!! So cute. Yes, I see the lettering in a lot of homes. Very sharp looking, I think. Maybe I'll have to do some. I really like the "Return with Honor." Love, Shauna xoxoxoxo
PS. I'm cracking up about Jake!! So funny. Take care....xoxoxoxo
LOVE them! I may need to steal your einstein quote, too. If I were Jake, I wouldn't take my helmet off either...I have new respect for him...I tried to ride one of those ripsticks - yeah, it didn't happen! Those things can kill ya!!!
Post a Comment